Water Damage Tips
If your home or Business has a water damage here are a few tips to get you by until help arrives:
1) Shut off the source of the water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
2) Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
3) Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
4) Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and table items.
5) Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
6) Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
7) Remove to a safe place, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moister.
8) Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
9) Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
10) Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking the proper action until SERVPRO of Sherman/Denison arrives.
Give our office a call if you have a water loss.