Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Sherman/Denison has several Certified Bio-Recovery Technicians (CBRT) on staff to handle all of your bio-hazard needs.
Bio-hazard situations can be very traumatic for homeowners or business owners. SERVPRO of Sherman/Denison is compassionate and knows how to speak with the customer.
Don't just call someone that you found online to handle such a hazardous situations, because many companies do not have certified remediation technicians to property handle and dispose of contaminated materials after a bio-hazard situation.
SERVPRO of Sherman/Denison understands that exposure to biological and chemical contaminates can pose serious health consequences to you and your family. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to an unhealthy and dangerous environment. SERVPRO of Sherman/Denison is trained to safely remove bio-hazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (903) 893-7166
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Sherman / Denison has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Van Alstyne
- Tom Bean